What are some signs of gum infection?
The first thing people should know about gum infection is that there are not always signs to identify that the disease is present. Especially in its earliest stages, gum disease can be lurking with no symptoms.
This is one of the reasons it is so important to visit your dentist twice each year so we can determine whether or not your gums are healthy. Gum disease that is detected early enough can be treated and reversed. Gum disease in its later stages is trickier to treat, and it might result in tooth loss.
Common Gum Disease Symptoms
If you start suffering from any of the following symptoms, this is a sign you have gum disease, and you must seek treatment immediately. Left unchecked, gum disease can put your entire mouth at risk.
- Gums that bleed easily, especially after brushing and flossing
- Gums that are tender, swollen, and bright red
- Gums that are starting to pull away from the teeth, making teeth look overly long
- Bad breath that persists in spite of brushing and using mouthwash
- Areas of pus that have formed “pockets” between the teeth and gums
- Teeth that are starting to come loose
Gum Disease Treatment in Harleysville