Digital X-Rays in Harleysville, PA
We proudly offer SuniRay2 Digital X-Ray Service. These CMOS sensors coupled with the most advanced XRay Vision4 software provide our patients with a standard of diagnostic imaging which is state of the art and second to none. This system is designed to achieve maximal image quality while maintaining the lowest radiation exposure levels among all digital sensors.
Benefits of Digital Radiography over Conventional X-rays:
- Image is immediately processed and available to view, whereas film takes approximately 8 minutes to be developed.
- Less radiation needed to produce the same or higher quality image as film (digital X-rays give 70% less exposure to radiation than conventional X-rays)
-We can enhance the digital image (such as alter brightness and contrast) with a series of software processing techniques.
- We can store images on our computer.
- Digital radiography produces larger photos to better view hard-to-see areas.
- Grey-scale of digital X-rays offers 256 shades of grey versus 16-25 shades in conventional radiography.
- Since developing film is not required we no longer need to store, use and dispose of developing chemicals which may harm the environment.